Issue-date: 27th June, 2019.
EC Meeting Report
Seventh EC meeting for the year 2018-19 was held on 12th January 2019
Key point discussed are:
- Mr. Sunil informed that Mercedes Benz had requested ISA-B for a half day training on Industry 4.0.
- It was decided that the concerned members will go to the auditor’s office.
- Mr. Sukumaran mentioned that ISA-B has the highest growth and Dr KLS Sharma said that if we are able to identify how the members are located geographically in Bangalore, they could probably divide into zones for regional events.
- i-ACT event contenders are BMSCE, ASIET and for next year GIT
- SAIT - Registration at all-India level has happened.
- Mr. Umashankar informed about the availability of a Leadership Certification Programme from ISA-HQ and Members in EC rolls will get more credits.
- Cyber-security workshop to be managed by Mr. Suniel Kumar and the tentative dates are 22nd and 23rd February 2019.
- Batch process automation and Alarm Management: Scheduled for April 2019. Being managed by Dr. Jayesh and Mr. Prakash.
Eighth EC meeting for the year 2018-19 was held on 9th February 2019
Key points discussed are:
- CYBER SECURITY WORKSHOP – Dates shifted to April 12,13 and progress of the preparation discussed.
- Credit card in the name of ISA Bangalore Section is available now for
further flexible way of making sundry payments with a limit of Re.30,000/- with prior approval.
- Announcement has been made by D14 for election of DVP Elect from
among ISA section member and to be completed before 28th Feb.
- Mr.Sukumaran M updated about the ISA membership status. It was requested that EC team members renew their membership promptly and interact with other members ( colleagues / professional contacts) on membership renewal matters.
- ISA student section activities were proposed at ASIET for iACT-2019 conduction,VIT Spark : Inauguration by Rajesh Rathi DVP D14,
Participation by Venkatapathy as Judge for one of the competitions, RVCE for addressing student section, RNSIT wants a Tech Talk, Gogte Institute have approached for a program on soft skills,AITSS – have asked for ISA B presence for inauguration of revived student section.
Ninth EC meeting for the year 2018-19 was held on 9 th March 2019
Key points discussed are:
- Mr. Rajshekhar informed that Mr. Ravi Balakrishnan has requested for two meetings on the day before iACT.
- Mr. Sunil informed that the last date for Honors and Awards
nominations was the 30th of April. He also mentioned that there was a video on YouTube by Sai Ramesh regarding this. The EC members unanimously agreed to nominate Mr. Ram, Dr. Jayesh, Mr KLS Sharma for Fellow, and ISA-B for Section.
- Mr. Mallikarjun to confirm about the meeting with the CA, as a follow-up to the meeting held between Auditor Srinivasan and the Trust on 2nd March.
- It was announced that Sujata Tilak was the only nominee for DVP elect and she has been selected.
- Mr. Rajshekhar listed out the colleges that have registered for iACT 2019. Some of these include SIT, VIT, BMSCE and RNSIT.